A Complete Guide about RCN Webmail.
RCN Webmail is an email service that is designed to help you stay connected with your friends, family, and colleagues. You can use this service on PC or Mac, as well as mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, and Android. This blog post will provide you with information about setting up your account, accessing webmail from different devices, and understanding features available through the RCN Webmail application.
1. What is RCN Webmail?
RCN Webmail is RCN’s service that allows RCN customers to check their email on the Web. RCN customers can access RCN Webmail through RCN’s Internet Service and receive a customized email address (based on the account holder’s RCN telephone number) at rcnwebmail.com. The email can be accessed from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. RCN Webmail is intended for RCN customers only–those who subscribe to RCN’s high-speed Internet service. RCN does not provide email services to non-customers, but RCN customers are welcome to share their RCN Webmail account with others in the household who have access to RCN’s high-speed Internet service.
2. How to access RCN Webmail?
To access RCN Webmail, follow these easy steps:
Open your Internet browser and type in the web address rcnwebmail.com into the address bar at the top of the screen. RCN customers will automatically be logged into RCN Webmail upon visiting RCN’s website, but non-customers can click “Enter as Guest.” RCN customers should use their complete RCN telephone number as the RCN username. RCN Webmail is secure and RCN does not share email addresses with any third parties. RCN will never send emails asking for your password or credit card information, so please do not give that information to anyone claiming to be RCN.
3. Features of RCN Webmail.
RCN Webmail offers RCN customers a variety of features to check their email:
– RCN Virtual Spam Filter: RCN’s spam filter is designed to keep your inbox free from unwanted and unsolicited messages. RCN’s spam filter uses advanced techniques to block spam, phishing, and other junk mail before it reaches your inbox so you’re not distracted at the office. RCN’s spam filter is enabled by default on RCN Webmail, but you can adjust settings by clicking the “Settings” link in your inbox, selecting “Spam Protection,” and adjusting RCN’s Virtual Spam Filter.
– RCN Email Alias: RCN Email Aliases allow RCN customers to receive an email at different addresses without subscribing to additional RCN services. RCN Email Aliases can be used for both personal and business purposes, and RCN customers can create as many RCN Email Aliases as they like. RCN also offers user-friendly options for managing multiple aliases: aliases can be created and deleted by sending an email to RCN with a new or different alias in the subject line, and RCN Email Aliases can be set up to receive emails from RCN customer service.
– RCN Social Networking: RCN’s Outlook Web App provides its RCN customers with access to Facebook, Linked In, Hotmail, and Twitter feeds directly in their inbox. RCN customers can add social networking feeds to their inbox by clicking the “Extras” link in RCN Outlook Web App, and RCN’s Social Networking feature is automatically enabled on RCN Webmail.
– RCN Notifications: RCN offers its RCN customers a way to email themselves notifications, create a task list or calendar events, send emails to RCN tech support, or change RCN’s spam filter settings–all without touching their RCN telephone. RCN customers can send themselves notifications by clicking the “Notification” link in RCN Outlook Web App, and RCN Notifications are available on RCN Webmail at rcnwebmail.com/notifications. RCN customers can also email themselves tasks and calendar events, send emails to RCN tech support, or change RCN’s spam filter settings by clicking the “Settings” link in RCN Outlook Web App–all without touching their RCN telephone.
4. Why you should use RCN Webmail?
There are many benefits RCN customers receive when using RCN Webmail:
– RCN Webmail is the only email service RCN offers its RCN customers. RCN does not provide email services to non-customers, but RCN customers can share their RCN Webmail account with others in the household who have access to RCN’s high-speed Internet service. RCN Webmail is free to RCN customers, so there are no costs involved with RCN Webmail–RCN customers can use RCN Webmail at home or on the go!
– RCN makes it easy for its RCN customers to manage their email accounts through RCN Outlook Web App, RCN’s free email service. RCN customers can easily switch back and forth between their personal and business emails, send emails to RCN tech support, change RCN Webmail settings or RCN Virtual Spam Filter settings, create tasks and calendar events, and email themselves notifications–all from the convenience of RCN Outlook Web App!
RCN Outlook Web App also features RCN’s Social Networking, which enables RCN customers to view the latest Facebook, Linked In, Hotmail, and Twitter feeds in their RCN Webmail inbox. RCN’s Social Networking feature is automatically enabled on RCN Webmail.
5. FAQs about RCN webmail.
Q. What are RCN Webmail’s system requirements?
A. RCN Webmail requires the following: an Internet connection, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, RCN Outlook Web App plugin (installed by RCN) for RCN customers who use Firefox or Safari to access RCN Webmail, Adobe Acrobat Reader for RCN customers who use RCN Webmail on a Mac, and Internet Explorer for RCN customers who use RCN Webmail on an Apple computer. RCN Outlook Web App plugin is provided by RCN.
Q. How can RCN customers access RCN Webmail?
A. RCN customers can access RCN Webmail at rcnwebmail.com. RCN customers can access RCN Webmail from their computer, smartphone, or tablet with RCN’s Outlook Web App.
Q. How many RCN Webmail accounts can RCN customers create?
A. RCN customers can create as many RCN Email Aliases as they like–the more RCN aliases an RCN customer has, the more RCN email aliases they can create. RCN Email Aliases work like RCN email addresses–RCN customers must log in to RCN Webmail to view emails sent to RCN Email Aliases.
Q. How can RCN Webmail users send and receive emails?
A. RCN Webmail users can send and receive emails using RCN Outlook Web App. RCN Webmail users can also use RCN webmail services by sending an email to RCN tech support or saving a message as a task list on their calendar–both features are available on RCN Outlook Web App.
Q. How do RCN customers access RCN Notifications?
A. RCN customers can access RCN Notifications by clicking the “Notification” link in RCN Outlook Web App, and RCN Notifications are available on RCN Webmail at rcnwebmail.com/notifications.
RCN Webmail is a great tool for those who need email and web access from home. It has the ability to bring your office tools into your living room, allowing you to work remotely while still feeling like you’re at the office. For more information about how it can help with productivity or security, please contact us today!