Fairpoint Webmail Remote.
Description Fairpoint Webmail is an online webmail service that Fairpoint Communications recently launched. Fairpoint claims this to be a secure way of sending messages and receiving messages, but their webmail interface has no security at all.
Read the complete article here: Fairpoint Webmail
When you login into Fairpoint’s Webmail service ( https://www.myfairpoint.net/webmail ), you can access and send mail to any account on any email provider. Fairpoint’s webmail service allows sending messages as if they were sent from your Fairpoint email address, but does not send or receive POP/IMAP requests for more effective spoofing of the sender’s address.
Details Fairpoint Webmail has a number of security issues that allow Fairpoint Webmail to be exploited for malicious intent.
– Fairpoint Webmail is not served over HTTPS. This allows Fairpoint’s web servers to see the contents of messages being sent, including passwords and other sensitive data. This also allows Fairpoint or hackers who have compromised Fairpoint’s servers to spoof messages being sent from your Fairpoint account.
– Fairpoint Webmail is not authenticated over POP/IMAP, allowing any email address to be added as an additional email on your Fairpoint account. This can lead to mass spamming of the victim’s contacts with spoofed messages sent from their Fairpoint account (with no way for the victim to stop it).
– Fairpoint Webmail does not validate the email address of the sender and allows sending messages as if they’re sent from your Fairpoint account. This can lead to mass spoofing of Fairpoint accounts, which Fairpoint cannot stop since it is done on their servers without requiring any special configuration on Fairpoint’s part.
– Fairpoint allows adding an external email account to your Fairpoint.com account, but Fairpoint does not verify ownership of the external email address before allowing you to send messages as if they were sent from that address. This can lead to mass spoofing of Fairpoint accounts, which Fairpoint cannot stop since it is done on their servers without requiring any special configuration on Fairpoint’s part.
– Fairpoint’s servers are not checked for malicious code, allowing Fairpoint or hackers who have compromised Fairpoint’s servers to launch cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks against users of the web interface.
Fairpoint Webmail Remote is a free service that lets you access your email account on any device. You can even set up separate accounts for work and home, giving you the freedom to go wherever life takes you without ever missing an important message. If this sounds like something that could help make your daily routine more manageable or give you peace of mind when traveling or working remotely, then sign up today!