Dreamhost Webmail Not Working.
Recently Dreamhost has begun to block SMTP (email) for webmail users. This means you can write an email but not send it.
If you are using Gmail to relay your mail, that will work fine. You should use port 587 to relay your email via Gmail or any other service which allows relaying on port 587. If you use port 465, your email will never complete the delivery and bounce back to the sender.
Read About the article: Dreamhost Webmail
If you are not using Gmail or some other third party relay service, the following steps should result in SMTP working for you again:
1) Log into your Dreamhost cPanel
2) Click on “Service Status” under the “SPAM Filtering” section.
3) Find the link for your mail server and click on it. It should look something like this:
4) Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find a link that says “Edit custom transports for xx. xx. xx.xx”
5) Click on it and a popup should appear prompting you for your password. Enter your password and click “OK”.
6) Another box will pop up with a bunch of text in it, most of which is blacked out. This is the Cpanel Exim configuration. Scroll to the bottom of this text box and enter “SMTP-relay 587” (without quotes).
7) Save your changes by clicking on the “Update custom transport” button at the bottom of this window.
8) Log out of your cPanel and send another email. It should go through!
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.